Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat OR drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Sedation appointments canceled or rescheduled within two (2) business days of the scheduled date will be subject to the $250 cancellation/rescheduling fee.
- No smoking for at least twelve (12) hours prior to your surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home
- The patient should not drive or operate machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia
- You may be given a prescription for an antibiotic to start taking one (1) day prior to your surgery appointment. PLEASE NOTE, IF YOU ARE TAKING ORAL CONTRACEPTIVES, IT IS ADVISED TO USE A BACK-UP FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL UNTIL YOU HAVE FINISHED THE ANTIBIOTICS
- Please wear loose fitting, warm clothing with short sleeves and low-heeled shoes. Long sleeved clothing may need to be removed so please wear a short-sleeved shirt beneath any long sleeves
- Contact lenses, nail polish, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery. Do not wear nail polish, lipstick, or excessive makeup on the day of surgery
- Phones & personal belongings will be left with the person accompanying you for your surgery so please bring only necessary items to your appointment. For safety, the person accompanying you for your surgery will be asked to wait in the lobby during your surgery
- If you have an illness, such as cold, sore throat, upset stomach or bowels, please notify the office at the onset of symptoms
- Please do not wear lotion on your upper body (specifically your torso and arms)
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr Yong prior to your surgical date for instructions
- If you have a future appointment with your dentist, please speak with us regarding the appointment