Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. Up until this point we have been strictly adhering to the CDC guidelines and recommendations for patient care, which includes but is not limited to:
– Screening and rescheduling patients
– Universal Infection Precautions as usual with additional measures that eliminate aerosol generating procedures
– Constant screening of our team members
– Encouraging recommended social distancing
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. We know it may be a little redundant, but it is to keep you as safe as possible.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use, as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. You will also see a reduction in the number of chairs in the reception area.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will allow greater time between patients to eliminate waiting times for you but, most importantly, to allow our office to be disinfected between each and every patient.
Please know we are actively monitoring the situation, strictly following CDC guidelines and recommendations but above all else making every decision with the well-being of our patients, our staff, and our community in mind.
With the uncertainty, should our timeline for being able to safely treat patients be delayed again in the future, we will provide constant updates to those whose appointments may be affected.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
Please view and share our latest COVID-19 Symptom Comparison Chart with your friends and family.For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- Symptoms: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/symptoms.html
- Steps When Sick: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html